This page is a medium for students to express their Aikido experiences and insights with others –
I like Aikido because…. (quotes from students in one sentence)
- It has taught me how to fall properly, which could potentially save my life some day.
- It has helped me to build some great friendships.
- It builds confidence.
- It is a great way to stay healthy and in shape.
- It helps me to realize my true potential as a human being.
- Aikido is truly preserving and defensive in its intention and application.
- It keeps my Ego in check.
- Aikido has taught me to move more fluidly.
- Aikido taught me an alternative to confrontation and avoiding confrontation, i.e. blending and redirecting.
- Learning Aikido is about process, not outcomes.
- Aikido keeps me humble, keeps me in “Beginner’s Mind”.
- Thinking about Aikido calms me when I am upset.
- Aikido teaches us about the connection between all things–showing us that how we treat one another is a reflection of how we treat our selves.
- it helps me to perform at my best, by integrating the mental and physical aspects of my abilities.
- Aikido is nonjudgmental. It just is.
- It keeps me engaged with reality, it reminds me to never give up or give in despite enormous challenges.
Any further ideas, for posting, can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org